Sunday, June 19, 2011

Do We Ever Appreciate Ourself?

Yo guys! Been a long time since I updated my blog,and my mind is thinking what do I blog about? So just to spice the brain juices up, I thought, why not post something simple and random? So here goes!

Have u ever taken a look of yourself in the mirror really closely and deeply? What do you see? Are you satisfied at what you see in yourself both internally and physically?No doubt there will be some point of us that needs refining and improvement, as we are all learners in this short transition time, a time,called LIFE! But is there that sense of gratitude, of being given the chance to exist, despite our shortcomings?

Take me for example, I am extremely tall,extremely thin and dont look all that handsome, and yes I once looked in the mirror and thought " God, What Have I Done to Deserve This"?Happens. But then again, I think instead of looking at all the external features of me, I should appreciate that I m in good health, have a nice family,nice friends, m in medical school, etc. So why m I complaining?

Here is another example, take a guy, who is very handsome, decently tall and well built, but he is suffering from hypertension and diabetes, his family is broken and is working a part time job at a communications company. If comparing me to him, I think he has more reason to complain now, doesnt he?


So my point of view here is, as humans, we have this inferior complex or state of insecurity most of the times, but then again, before we start complaining, we should take a look around us and even take a look at ourselves and start appreciating what we got, as others have it worse. This is the challenges each and everyone of us face in our own special way. This is LIFE, enjoy it as it is a great student,and also,cause no one gets out of it ALIVE!

Cheers, till the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment