Sunday, November 20, 2011

Seremban: Introduction

Greetings to all readers, its been 3 months since my last post on this blog of mine, always been wanting to update it for quite a while now, but never found the time, so I am sitting in my room now, on a lovely Sunday evening and creating this post for good time's sake! So here goes!

Since there was nothing special in august, lets skip straight to September. September began with a flurrish as before I knew it, I was getting packed up and leaving my house for a village called Seremban, located 45 minutes away from my house in KL. This lovely village would be the place I spend the next 2 years of my life as this is where i would be doing my clinical school portion of my IMU MBBS programme!

And trust me, for a KL boy like me, who spend 22 years of my life in KL, this was not an easy thing to do, all my friends and family are in KL, the good thing is so far I m staying with my uncle and cousin, which I hope would help me settle in Seremban for at least the next year or so till I venture out on my own to try to be independent.
Darkness surrounds when we leave places of comfort for a foreign place to pursue our dreams
Well, as a new student in Seremban Clinical School, we were given a tour during our orientation week, and had also been exposed to some senior-junior games in attempt to break the ice and make us freshies feel less foreing. :)
Right so after 1 week of briefings and getting to know the place, me and my batch mates(69 of us) were divided into 3 groups: A,B,C which will be assigned to three postings for our first semester: Surgery, Family Medicine and Internal Medicine respectively.

IMU CLINICAL SCHOOL SEREMBAN!


I was quite pleased to be around my close friends as we were grouped in the same subgroup. This i hope would further propel me to getting used to the quiet life of Seremban. My first posting was Family Medicine and for 7 weeks we were assigned to be posted at Klinik Kesihatan Seremban. Will elaborate more in my future posts about the respective postings. After the eye opening 7 weeks of Family Medicine, we had our first mini End-Of-Posting exam(EOP) to content with, and after going through it, I was satisfied with the results I achieved, Thank GOD and hope that it can continue on to my next posting.

Currently, I am 4 weeks into my 2nd posting which is surgery, things are very interesting in this posting as we get exposed to many different cases that force us to apply our theory on a clinical perspectives and also keeps us constantly on our toes as the professors there are relatively strict but excellent lecturers! Such joy to learn from them. Hope it continues for the next 3 weeks to come!

Me as a surgeon wannabe. LOL :)
Besides that, we were also exposed to new criterias of being a student doctor which includes writing case summaries and case reports for patients that we have clerked.. We were also exposed to research project and a CFCS project which I will elaborate more in the coming posts :) And for fun purposes, we medical students keep fit by playing futsal on a regular basis, for me, i play with my macha gang seniors and my batchmates! :)

Me(red united jersey) together with my batchmates after a game of futsal!


I hope you guys enjoy a brief summary of the past 3 months I have had and stay patient for more detailed versions of each event above!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment