Friday, December 31, 2010

2011

Hey guys, this is just the skeleton of my next post entitled 2011, but here goes.

As 2010 came to an end, i realized a few things that I have to improve in the coming year,2011, and they are as listed below:
1. Drinking Habits
2. Passion To Run
3. Prayers and God
4. Medical studies
5.Emotions
6. Girls

In 2010, I realized that I have not been drinking as often as I may have liked, and, I feel it has affected me in terms of my energy levels and also my stress levels. Without this social lubricant called alcohol, I realized that i tend to be more serious, cannot have fun and be the less joker self I used to be. This really is not helpful. Hence in 2011, I hope to have a bottle of alcohol with me just in case I need to drown some sorrows.

Also in 2010, despite performing well in MAPCU and IMU cup, I have found that towards the latter stage of the year, my desire to RUN has deminished and I no longer have this capability to complete a route course that I had set out to run. This has really disappointed me and has made me question myself, what has happened to me? Am I less capable? Am I old? But no, I just realize that it requires more discipline and passion to train myself again as we are not robots, we do get unfit, we do get tired. Hence in 2011, I will try my level best to maintain my fitness again to better days on the RUNNING scene.

Prayers is one thing I have not been consistent with, although I do repeat and cite some holy phrases daily/weekly I feel it is not enough, as, we must show respect to the GREAT LORD, WHO is capable of giving and taking all of our pains or happiness. I,now,GOD WILLING, pledge to keep the LORD in my mind through prayers in 2011.

Grades in medical school, although I am not complaining,in fact, I am grateful of being an average student, my parents keep on urging me to do better as they feel and often tell me that I have the brains and capabilities to do so if I put all my effort into this course. So, to make them feel better and happy and also to prove to myself that I also can succeed in achieving greater heights, I would like to take up this challenge and work hard for not only EOS 5 but also throughout my medical career ahead, as it is a TOUGH world out there! GOD willing it will pay off!

Emotions is another issue I would like to improve on in 2011. I as a person, is terrible at controlling my emotions and tend to get over-excited or over-angry over small issues, although I realize it will be difficult to achieve changes in a short duration, I have decided I would begin this change in 2011 and hopefully I can be more rationale and think before i react to criticism, compliments and even difficult situations.

Last but not least, I would also like to improve on the girls front, I have not been too lucky with the girls as I do not know how to treat a girl properly as a girl, I tend to treat them as a guy, So hopefully in 2011, I can learn to play the game, and who knows where it will lead me to.Also i would like to put on some weight to go with my lanky body. LOL

As a whole, in 2011, I would like to improve as a person physically,mentally, spiritually and emotionally with good health along the way for me,my family and friends. 3 cheers to that!

2 comments:

  1. Tej bro!

    Haha..it's very awesome to see you set some worth goals for yourself. I especially like your new commitment to God. It is easy to start but it's tough to maintain it...but it does get easier as you get used to it. So cheers to you for that! :-)

    Also, with EOS5 ahead of us..let's gather like minds who enjoy reading medicine and let's rock exams together by trying our best and at the same time don't lose the meaning of life, i.e. to try having some fun in between too...cheers!

    And as your friend I shall support you def..haha keep at what you believe in and go all the way. You are your own limit that you set. Cheers!

    ELDWIN

    P.S. That makes "3 cheers!"

    ReplyDelete